YOUNGSTOWN, OH — An Ohio man claimed to be the shooter who attacked a Jewish community center in a video shared online, the FBI said. The attack had not yet happened, so the man faces charges for harassment and aggravated menacing.
In July, James Reardon, 20, posted a video to Instagram showing him shooting a gun into the air. The video was captioned, “Police identified the Youngstown Jewish Family Community shooter as local white nationalist Seamus O’Rearedon.”
No attack had actually occurred at any Jewish institutions in Youngstown.
Reardon was taken into custody by New Middletown police last week after tipsters alerted law enforcement about the video. The FBI said officers also searched the home of Reardon’s parents.
The Youngstown Jewish Federation (YJF) said police informed them of the video and extra uniformed security guards were then sent to Jewish institutions throughout the area on Friday.
“I want to stress that we know of no other threat to the Jewish Community or to any of our agencies at this point it time. Nonetheless, I have directed that we maintain the additional level of security for the near future,” said YJF Executive Vice-President Andrew Lipkin in a statement.
The FBI said Reardon would be arraigned on Monday in Struthers Municipal Court. It is not yet clear if he will face federal charges.
Click Here: New Zealand rugby store
Comments are closed